Programmes & learning outcomes - Key stage 1
KEY STAGE 1
In Key Stage 1 it is proposed that children should be taught the 3 core areas of activity - dance, gymnastics and games.
Pupils should develop their knowledge skills and understanding of games through:-
- Acquiring and developing skills
- Selecting and applying skills, tactics and compositional idea's
- Evaluating and improving performance
- Knowledge and understanding of fitness and health
The programme of study which should be followed at Key Stage 1 states that pupils should be taught to:-
- Travel with, send and receive a ball and other equipment in different ways
- Develop these skills for simple net, striking/fielding and invasion type games that they and others have made, using simple tactics for attacking and defending.
(National Curriculum 2000)