Programmes & learning outcomes - Key stage 2
KEY STAGE 2
In Key Stage 2 six areas of activity are identified, however, it is specified that every year dance, gymnastics and games should be taught.
Therefore games should regularly be delivered in the physical education programme.
Pupils should develop their knowledge skills and understanding of games through:-
- Acquiring and developing skills
- Selecting and applying skills, tactics and compositional idea's
- Evaluating and improving performance
- Knowledge and understanding of fitness and health
The programme of study which should be followed at Key Stage 1 states that pupils should be taught to:-
- Play and make up small sided and modified competitive net, striking/fielding and invasion games
- Use skills and tactics and apply basic principles suitable for attacking and defending
- Work with others to organise and keep the games going
(National Curriculum 2000)